The space-saving fully automatic machine for economical sawing
Only here in the KASTOshop: Brand new, directly from the manufacturer, with original KASTO service, at the best price!
Fully Hydraulic High Performance Straight Cut Band Sawing Machine with vertically running and horizontally movable saw blade for mass production cuts of easy to difficult materials, in solids, tubes and profiles. The standard precise linear guides (re-circulating ball units with grease lubricated guide carriage) guarantee maximum life.
The standard BasicControl operator’s panel ensures optimum machine operation via function keys. For mass production, up to 98 data records can be pre-selected via touch-screen. After making the desired number of cuts, the machine shuts off automatically. By reducing set-up times to a minimum, maximum cutting performances are achieved in automatic mode. The precise drive via ball screw spindle in material feed guarantees an accurate material length positioning.
The Frequency controlled screw drive, electronic supervision of the minimum number of revolutions and saw band breakage control are standard.
An infinitely variable fully hydraulic saw feed guarantees sensitive and tool-saving cutting.
- Machine Column
- Fully Enclosed Workspace
- Saw Unit (Saw Frame)
- Guidance of the Saw Unit
- Saw Band Guidance
- Saw Band Tensioning
- Cleaning of Saw Band
- Chip Flow
- Clearance Stroke system for Saw Blade
- Material Clamping - Machine Clamping Vice
- Material Clamping - Feed Vice
- Automatic NC Material Feed
- Single Cuts or Small Series
- Remote Adjustment of the Cutting Speed
- SpeedControl (Electrical monitoring of low RPM)
- Material Infeed
- Material Outfeed
- Hydraulic System
- KASTO Control for Sawing Machines BasicControl
Included optional equipment
- LED machine lamp
- Automatic zero positioning of the first cut-off piece
- Coolant hose for machine cleaning
- Clamping power regulation
- Vertical roller
Scope of Supply
- KASTOverto A 2 - including the described standard and optional equipment
- Glue anchors to dowel the machine
- Bi-metal saw blade
- 1 operating instructions manual according to the EU Machinery Directive and EN 82079
We will be pleased to advise you individually if you require equipment which is not sold through the KASTOshop.
|Cutting range 90° round||260 mm|
|Cutting range 90° flat (W x H)||320 x 260 mm|
|Cutting range 90° square||260 x 260 mm|
|Smallest cut-off length||6 mm|
|Smallest dimension to be cut||10 mm|
|Shortest length of residual piece, single cut||15 mm|
|Shortest length of residual piece, automatic operation||40 mm|
Dimensions and weight
|Width without chip conveyor||1350 mm|
|Width with chip conveyor||2250 mm|
|Material support height||950 mm|
|Total weight||1260 kg|
|Saw motor, frequency controlled||1.5 kW|
|Total power||2.5 kW|
|Material feed length, individual cut||850 mm|
|Multiple feed||9999 mm|
|Cutting speed, infinitely adjustable||12-120 m/min|
|Dimensions of saw blade||3180 x 27 x 0.9 mm|
|Cutting feed:||hydraulically adjustable 0-300 mm/min|
|Material feed:||ball screw spindle|
|Saw blade cleaning:||by easily replaceable wire brush, driven proportionally to main drive|
Coolant supply is through 3 nozzles
KASTO Control for Sawing Machines
- Industrial type terminal in robust system unit case
- Display and operation at 5.7” colour touch screen
- Infrared touch screen with scratchproof front pane made of laminated glass
- Software and data keeping on exchangeable multimedia card
- Integrated soft PLC, programmable in STEP 7®
- Visualization software for graphical operation, data entry and display
- Decentralized input and output modules, each with 16 digital inputs and outputs, 2 analogue inputs and outputs and 1 input for counter/measuring system
- Job memory for entry of 99 jobs. The job is defined by entry of
- Tables of material qualities with allocation of the cutting speed for HSS saw blades
- Job entry during sawing process is possible.
- The desired piece number can be corrected also in a job being processed.
- Direct adaptation of cutting speed during operation by override function
- Display of automatic correcting values for cutting speed
- Possibility to start either individual cut or automatic cut
- With or without trim cut (available as option for model KASTOverto A 2)
- Automatic processing of successive cutting jobs for one material quality
- Tool data management of the saw blade being used, display of its running time in hours. Reset possible when saw blade has been exchanged.
- Display of cutting time, of cycle time and of the expected end of the current cutting job
- Working hour meter for “main switch ON” and “saw ON”. Additional working hour meter for “saw ON” with reset function.
- Cut counter and additional cut counter with reset function
- Online change-over of language between German, English and French (additional languages = option)
- Change-over of measuring unit (entry and display) from mm/m to inch/feet
- Easy to operate and clearly structured control panel, adapted to its use in workshops
- Look and feel adapted to other KASTO control systems, extensive use of graphical operating symbols
- All submenus for
- are callable directly from the main menu.
- Visualization of process making possible that all data required during operation can be displayed and corrected on one screen page
- Manual operation of basic machine and its peripheral equipment via touchscreen
- Display of a message and error list with date and time in the diagnostic menu. Display of the latest error in the main menu. In case of an error, the display changes automatically to the main menu.
- Diagnostic menu for direct display of status of the digital inputs/outputs and display of all analog inputs/outputs
- Display of preset scheduled value, of actual value, of state and error as well as hand operation for positioning axes
- Entry and modification of sawing machine parameters and system parameters at display
- Password protection for diagnostic menus without general right to admission
- Heavy-duty, distortion-free welded construction
Fully Enclosed Workspace
- The KASTOverto A 2 is equipped with a fully enclosed workspace. A high degree of safety and cleanliness is achieved with best accessibility at the material infeed and outfeed side.
Saw Unit (Saw Frame)
- Distortion-free welded construction, modular design, with vibration optimised ribbing: Using the latest design, technology and manufacturing methods, an extremely quiet and vibration-free operation is achieved. This means shorter cutting times and longer blade life (foundation free assembly).
Guidance of the Saw Unit
- Two linear guide units with backlash-free carriages guarantee a high rigidity and cut precision. The greased guide carriages guarantee maximum usable life.
Saw Band Guidance
- Side guidance via mechanically preloaded carbide guides with quick release for fast band change. The band back is guided via rollers. Manual adaptation of saw band guidance arm to material cross section via scale.
Saw Band Tensioning
- Hydraulic, electrically monitored, with automatic pressure reduction at standstill of machine. Automatic stop in case of band breakage.
Cleaning of Saw Band
- Via chip removal brush, synchronised with cutting speed.
- Plane and steep walls guarantee an ideal chip flow directly into the serial chip drawer or into the optional chip conveyor.
Clearance Stroke system for Saw Blade
- Before return stroke of the saw unit the material to be cut is retracted in automatic cycle from the cutting surface. The wear at the tooth tips is reduced, longer blade life can be achieved.
Material Clamping - Machine Clamping Vice
- The hydraulic and linear guided horizontal full stroke double clamping vice enables an optimum work piece clamping on both sides of the saw band, also for cutting of short remnant pieces.
Material Clamping - Feed Vice
- Hydraulic and linear guided horizontal clamping vice with integrated material-end feeler.
Automatic NC Material Feed
- Via linear guided feed vice. Safe material transport, even with forged work pieces. Material feed length 850 mm, standard multiple feed, short cut lengths up to 250 mm are achieved by an incremental feed. Material feed via ball bearing spindle.
Single Cuts or Small Series
- Single cuts can be realized under consistent compliance of all safety measures in the fully enclosed workspace.
Remote Adjustment of the Cutting Speed
- Central operation of the infinitely adjustable cutting speed 12 -120 m/min through switch +/- at the BasicControl.
SpeedControl (Electrical monitoring of low RPM)
- Below the minimum RPM, the machine stops automatically.
- Via a continuous transport roller conveyor with 12 ball bearing transportation rollers, integrated into the machine.
Via large-dimensioned and easy removable support table of 400 x 300 mm as well as a replaceable coolant splash guard if necessary incl. the safety device.
- Hydraulic System
- In block design, exchangeable, built into the machine base and easily accessible from the outside. This reduces maintenance times for oil control and filter change to a minimum.
Details optional equipment
- Continuous band deviation control after activation of the BC-Control in 1/10 mm measured value, Input – BandControl ON/OFF (reduction of the cutting height down to 220 mm)
LED machine lamp
Automatic zero positioning of the first cut-off piece
- After having entered the requested cut-off length and number of pieces and after having activated the control function “zero positioning”, the first cut-off piece is at once positioned fully automatically at the requested cut-off length and then cut.
Coolant hose for machine cleaning
- With airgun
Clamping power regulation
- By means of handwheel with reading at pressure gauge
- In extension with the material supporting edge, guarantees undisturbed material feed.
Bases of the quotation
Mains voltage: In accordance with EN 60204; 400 V three-phase current (-10 %, +6 %); Control voltage 24 V-DC
Mains frequency: 50 Hz (-1 %, +1 %; transient –2 %, +2 %)
Type of mains: TN mains according to IEC 364/VDE 0100
The power is supplied from the mains to the switching cabinets including advance fusing by the customer. The position of the switch cabinet is to be seen from the lay-out.
Protective measures against indirect contact: Over-current protector (zero balancing). The mains supply of the operator (size and characteris-tic of the main fuse selected as well as the total imped-ance of PE and outer conductor in the supply line to the machine) has to be designed in such a way that the per-missible shutdown time in the event of an error is not exceeded. The use of a differential current switch in the mains in-coming supply is not permitted.
Safety requirements: The offered machine corresponds with the valid safety requirements according to the machinery directive 2006/42/EG
Subject to the individual conditions of use and to the in-stallation site, additional equipment such as fences, safety light beams and barriers in the area of material supply and cut-off removal may be necessary. Possibly, such additional equipments are not included in our scope of supply and must therefore be procured by the buyer.
Delivery terms: Possibly valid company’s own operating material regula-tions have not been taken into consideration when work-ing out the offer, unless they are specifically mentioned in the quotation. The machine will be equipped with proven components selected by KASTO. If you insist on the ob-servance of your operating material regulations we kindly ask you to make these regulations available to us for working out the appropriate offer. After placing the order, any specifications can no longer be considered. This is also valid for so called fire protection regulations.
Cutting accuracy: On perfect conditions with perfect tools the deviation of cut is within ±0.1 mm per 100 mm cutting height with standard steel qualities. For material with a perfect geo-metric surface an accuracy of length of cut-off pieces in accordance with ISO 2768-1, degree of accuracy fine is achievable with individual bars and cut-off pieces longer 6 mm. When using uneven, twisted or burred initial ma-terial, the achievement of the mentioned cutting accura-cies is restricted. The tolerance of length of cut-off pieces is valid for machines with automatic material feed.
This sawing machine is particularly suitable for easily to normally machinable materials in solid material, tubes and profiles. Only conditionally suitable are materials that are difficult to machine as well as plastics. An application up to two-shift production operation is envisaged. The specified cutting ranges and performance characteristics must be observed. The use of uneven, twisted or burred starting material can severely impair the cutting accuracy. For more detailed information on the correct use of the machine, please refer to the operating instructions. Disregarding this area of application and/or General Terms and Conditions can lead to the warranty claims becoming void.